A summer to celebrate culture-An African Vintage Bridal Shoot
When amazing talent join forces…..
This Summer’s Games is not just a celebration of sport, but also a celebration of the world’s countries and cultures coming together to take part in one amazing event.
Fashion, style and culture go hand in hand, so it was only natural for this summer to be the setting of a unique visual collaboration in the form of an African and vintage inspired photo shoot.
Set in the amazing surroundings of Quendon Hall, the creative talents of Kosibah, Cedar Events, Elizabeth’s Cake Emporium, FO Photography and other leading wedding industry suppliers came together for a styled shoot based on African art and fashion.
The unique concept for the shoot came from Elizabeth’s Cake Emporium, who in seeking inspiration for a collection of unusual cake designs, noticed that the catwalks were full of tribal and ethnic inspired fabrics and accessories.
You will see from the wonderful sample of pictures below, that the shoot was a contemporary interpretation of Africa’s diverse and unique cultural heritage and a homage to the modern day bride-of-culture.
Great wedding inspiration, with a strong palette of dramatic black and white, metallic gold and shades of coral, along with the creative use of traditional African fabrics and jewellery. If you want first hand advice from some of the experts who put this innovative shoot together, catch Kosibah, Cedar Events and Elizabeth’s Cake Emporium at September’s exhibition!
- Stylist, props & decor by Cedar Events – @Seyicedarevents and Cedar Events page on Facebook, www.cedar-events.co.uk .
- Wedding dresses and evening dresses by Kosibah – @YemiKosibah and Yemi Kosibah – Couture Bridal & Eveningwear on Facebook, www.kosibah.co.uk .
- Cake, Cupcakes and Sweet tables by Elizabeth’s Cake Emporium – @lizcakeemporium and Elizabeth’s Cake Emporium on Facebook, www.elizabethscakeemporium.com .
- Photography by FO Photography – @FO_Photography and Fophotography on Facebook, www.fophotography.com .
- Artist & Photographic Assistant, Shirley Gilks – @MapYourSoul and Shirley Gilks (Map Your Soul) – Photographer and Artist on Facebook.
- Make up, animal print nails and Gele tying by Onyeka Beauty – @Onyekabeauty and Onyeka Beauty on Facebook, www.onyekabeauty.com .
- Hair styling by AVOS Hair – @AVOSHAIR and Avos Hair on Facebook, www.avoshair.com .
- Venue was Parklands, Quendon Hall – @QuendonHall and Parklands, Quendon Hall on Facebook, www.quendonpark.co.uk .
- Stationery by Makeover Designs on Facebook, www.makeoverdesigns.co.uk .
- African Styling & Gele tying by Omobola Harte – Kuhmpleet by Omobola Harte.
- African Jewellery by Mijola Daniel.
- Chairs by I am Wedding Hire – @iamweddinghire and iAM Wedding Chair Hire on Facebook, www.iamweddinghire.com .
- Purple and Green Flower arrangement by William Clarke Flowers – @WClarkeFlowers and William Clarke flowers on Facebook, www.williamclarkeflowers.com .
- Linen by Over The Top rentals – @OttLibi , www.overthetoprentals.co.uk
- Chair covers by Milena Nikolova – Milena Events, http://www.milenaevents.co.uk
- African props & table runners by Ethnik Accents.
- Model, Lauren Sweeney-Fenton – @MsLaurynn and Lauren Sweeney-Fenton on Facebook, http://www.LaurenSweeneyFenton.com/.
- Model, Jade Harris – Jade Amanda Harris on Facebook.
- Model, Bianca Buckman – Bianca Yaa Asantewaa Buckman on Facebook.
- Model, Janita Francis – Janita Francis Tmc (Season Six) on Facebook